Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm in Maryland


Hello! My name is Emiri. Please call me Emily. I’m a student of Aoyamagakuin University, and I’m majoring in International Economics. I have been to America about 6 times because I have friends in North Carolina and visited them. But I can’t speak English well.

Yesterday, we arrived at the airport and rode on nice bus. We saw a lot of things in Washington D.C, such as the White House, and the Capitol building. In the evening, 4 other girls and I went to Potbelly with Nikki, our mentor. I had roast beef sandwich and Oreo milk shake. They tasted very good! Although I was tired, I was very excited. I hope to enjoy my vacation in Maryland with AGU students and students and staff of University of Maryland.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad you are here! It was fun going out do dinner with you last night. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better the next two weeks as we explore D.C and Maryland.

Nina Liakos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina Liakos said...

Emiri and Emily are almost the same, aren't they, especially in Japanese where R and L sound similar! I was surprised to learn that your friends live in Cary, NC because my former colleague lives there also. Unfortunately, I have never visited her there, but I have gone many times to Burlington, Winston-Salem, and Charlotte because my husband has a lot of friends and cousins there.

Welcome to Maryland! :-)

PS I deleted my first comment because I had made a spelling mistake--not good for the teacher! haha

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Emily^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

I remenber I was also happy to visit to the White House. Because the White House and Washington D.C. is the center of the American politics.

You also went to the Potberry, right!? I love it^^ Please discover Maryland and Washington D.C.!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Emily, nice to meet you^^ I joined AGU program in 2007. This program should geve you great experience, so have fun with your new friends!

Roast beef sandwich... Sounds great!!

Kana Y

Hiromi said...

Hello, Emily! This is Hiromi.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good time eating dinner with your mentor and your friends!

Also, your English is very good! So, please keep up the good work! See you!

Saaya said...

Enjoy this Maryland trip together!

Kyoko said...

Hi! I'm Kyoko,one of menbers of this year's program. It's very nice that you have friends in North Carolina. This is my first trip to U.S. So I'm very excited. Let's enjoy this program together!!

sae said...

Hi! I'm Sae,nice to meet you.Let's enjoy this trip!

kei said...

Hi,Emily. How are you?? I want to enjoy my vacation in Maryland too!!