Monday, August 11, 2008

Thursday-Sunday



I haven’t written in my blog, so this post will be very long!

On Thursday, we went to Washington D.C and visited IDB. Workers there described what they were doing in their company. I was very impressed by their story. After that, we went to the zoo. I was glad to watch giant panda because it is difficult to watch them in Japan now.

On Friday, we went to Baltimore, a beautiful place. First, we went to American Visionary Art Museum. Masahiro and Risa bought a lot of funny things there. I think they might have spent too much money. I worried about their future… Next, we ate crab cakes for lunch. It tasted very good. After lunch, we rode on water taxi, ate ice cream, rode on a pedal boat, and so many things! Then, we went to the baseball stadium to watch a baseball game. It was very fun and the fireworks were very beautiful! After watching the baseball game, Ryohei, Masahiro, and I found a lot of otaku gathered in a building near the baseball stadium! We took many pictures with them. It was strange that American people wore costumes which related to Japanese anime.

On Saturday, we went to National Museum of the American Indian. Then, I met my friend who was my mother’s English teacher in her schooldays. I was very glad to see my friend. She had lived in Washington D.C when she was a child, and now she has lived in North Carolina. We went shopping and enjoyed dinner at a steak restaurant.

On Sunday, I met her again and ate breakfast at IHOP. I had never been to IHOP, so it was good opportunity for me to try American hot cakes. Our server was very kind to us, and he wanted to know my phone number because he wanted to be an international person. But probably I can’t understand what he says when he calls me because he speaks very fast. After that, we went to the White House and took some pictures in front of it. Then we said good-bye and I joined other students and mentors group. The view from the Washington Monument was nice. Then we came back to our hotel and played volleyball and basketball. I was very surprised that Yuya was very good at playing basketball! I’m looking forward to watching his play again. On my way to our hotel, Ryohei came to us and invited us to his friend house. He was a student studying at the University of Maryland, and we met him on August 4th. We went to his house and enjoyed playing some games. I appreciate their inviting.

I have had wonderful time since we had arrived in America. I don’t want to come back to Japan!!

6 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Emily!
Wow, you wrote a lot! ^^ I enjoyed reading your post. It seems that you enjoyed a lot of different things, right?

Also, I know exactly how you feel about going back to Japan because I felt the same way two years ago! But before thinking of that, be sure to enjoy as much as you can while you're there!

Nikki said...

Emily,
I'm happy you had such a good weekend. I'm looking forward to playing basketball with you tonight!

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Emily,
It's nice that you could spend some time with your mother's former English teacher! Did she travel from North Carolina just to see you here? If so, that was very nice, because NC is at least a 5-hour drive from DC, and parts of it are much farther than that.

I wish I had seen the okaku. I hope someone took photos and will add them to their posts when they return to Japan.

I am so happy that you are having such a good time!

Nina

risa said...

Don't worry about may future ;)!!
But Masahiro has little luck so I worry about his future..

RYOHEI said...

When you found otaku, you were looking so excited!
Maybe, you and Jeff can be a good friend!

Heather said...

Emily,

I laughed so hard when you said that you were worried about Risa and Masohiro's future!! I worry about Shaun and Chris' futures!!!