Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tongue out!!


In Heather’s class, we talked about media. We were divided into three groups, International Politics, International Economics, and International Communication. My major is International Economics, so we talked about economic issues related to the Beijing Olympics. It was so difficult that we couldn’t talk a lot.

In the afternoon, we went to the Newseum in D.C. There are a lot of interesting things. I saw past news of the United States, the Berlin wall, things about 9/11, and so on. I was interested in the history of newspapers in the United States. There are some important articles which said about wars. It was a good opportunity for me to think about history.

After visiting the Newseum, we went to Chinatown in D.C. We went to a Chinese goods store, but we couldn’t stay there for a long time because of a bad smell. Masahiro and Ryohei bought some Chinese foods, but I don’t want to try them. We had a dinner with Nikki in a Chinese food restaurant. We ordered 4 dishes and they all tasted good!

Then we went back our hotel and played cards with Nikki and her friends. We played a game called “mafia.” I became a killer for three times! And we played another game called “tongue out”. It was very fun and Nikki’s friends are very funny.

4 comments:

masahiro said...

Hi, let's try Chinese foods with us.

I think we can go to Heaven if you try!! lol

Nina Liakos said...

It's really hard to talk about abstract ideas in a foreign language, isn't it? I can speak Greek pretty well when I want to talk about everyday things like what I am doing and what to eat for dinner, but if I tried to discuss economic issues related to the Beijing Olympics, I wouldn't have the right vocabulary! I understand how you feel.

The best way to acquire the vocabulary to talk about abstract issues is to read a lot in English about these issues. Then you will be able to speak about them better.

I am trying to imagine what "tongue out" is! I wish you had a photo.

Nikki said...

You are such a good killer!

Also, I thought it was really funny when we went to the resteraunt and we got so much water!

Hiromi said...

Hi, Emily!
Talking about economic issues related to the Beijing Olympics sounds really interesting! What was the topic?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the program so far!