Monday, August 4, 2008

Long long day!!


Yesterday was a very long day! First, we went to Alexandria, an old town. We visited a church where George Washington worshipped. People in the church are very kind to us, and they served lemonade. It tasted very good!

Next, we rode on a boat and went to Georgetown. The scenery from the boat was nice. The boat was very comfortable, so some friends and I fell asleep. In Georgetown, we went shopping. There are a lot of shops but they closed at 7:00 pm because yesterday was Sunday. So we had to stop shopping.

After shopping, Joe took us to George Washington University. It was so big. Then we had to find restaurant to have dinner. But it took long time to find restaurants and Joe walked very fast, so we felt tired. Finally, we found restaurants. After dinner, Joe gave girls very beautiful roses! Thank you Joe!!

We backed hotel after dinner and we want to sleep. But we found cockroach in our room! We hated cockroach so we ask Masahiro and Ryohei to kill it. It was a long fight and we screamed again and again. At last, we succeeded to kill it. I appreciate Masahiro and Ryohei.

It was very long day and I was very tired. But it was very exciting day!!

8 comments:

Joseph said...

Ooh cockroaches are not fun...

sorry for walking so fast!

Nina Liakos said...

It's lucky the shops closed at 7:00, or you might have spent all your money on Day 2! haha

I think Joe is a romantic. How kind of him to get you ladies roses!

I am so sorry about the cockroach (but I also feel kind of sorry for it....). You should complain to the desk clerk at the QI.

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had a long, but good day. Sorry about the cockroach, that's gross! It was nice of the boys to come kill it for you!

Hiromi said...

Hello, Emily!
I'm glad to hear that you guys finally found the restaurant! :) Also, I wish I were there with you guys because I want to go to Georgetown again!

Ji Won said...

Hello Emily,

Reading about your roach story reminds me of the similar experience that the past AGUers had in 2006 & 2007. I'm glad to hear that you managed to kill it in the end! Have fun tomorrow~!

Ji Won, 2006 & 2007 mentor

Ai said...

Hi, Emily!

Wow, yesterday was a really FULL day for you, hahaha^^ I hope cockroaches don't appear any more!

Ai

RYOHEI said...

Roach is very fast and clever!
I don't want to meet it again. But it's OK because we got a insecticide!

masahiro said...

We are OK because of our spray!!!!!