Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last post at UM.

Today, we have our last classes! So this is the last time to post in UM.

Yesterday, Heather gave us nice presents; some chocolate, a pencil case, and a letter! Today, we will have presentation in Heather’s class. We will talk about the best thing of our experiences. I can’t decide what I will talk about because everything was wonderful and exciting!

After lunch, we went to a library and listened to a story about newspapers or books which were published after World War Two in Japan. It was an impressive story. Then we went bowling, which I had wanted to do since many days ago. I’m not good at bowling but I like it! Nikki was very good at bowling, but at last, Hippo (Masatoshi) won Nikki! We enjoyed bowling a lot.

Then we went to some supermarkets with Mike, Joe, and Nikki. Many of us bought a lot of snacks for gift. I like American supermarkets because they sold almost everything. We had dinner at a fast food. I found some foods I had never eaten before.

After that, we went to a sports center. I tried batting with Tomoko and Risa. It was very difficult so Senpai coached us. It was very fun.

I can’t believe that we leave Maryland and come back to Japan tomorrow! I don’t want to leave here…I will continue to post after I come back to Japan, so please comment and tell me about you! I want to say thank you to Nina to tell us about blogging. And I also want to say thank you to everyone to see my post, leave comments, and have nice experiences with me!!

3 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Emily!
It sounds really interesting to do a presentation in a class, but at the same time, the theme for that makes me sad!

Anyway, I hope you'll come back to here safely! Also, I'm looking forward to reading your posts after you arrive here. :)

Nina Liakos said...

Your last day was as busy as every other day. Did you ever stop to rest?

The Prange Collection is really interesting, isn't it? It must have surprised you to know that the University of Maryland has such a collection and that many scholars come from Japan to conduct research on these materials.

I thought you ate dinner at Plato's, which is a diner, not a fast food place. What new food did you eat?

I am looking forward to reading your next post from Japan!

Nikki said...

Emily,
I will miss you very much, but I'm happy we got to hang out these past two weeks. I know you'll be back to American soon, so please let me know when you do. I would love to see you again, please keep in touch.